Global Change Seminar "It's Your Move!"
Group Meeting Agenda
Segment #6 - What Will each of us Focus On?
Here is the suggested agenda for this Segment:
Group Maintenance : Confirm that the assignments from the last meeting have been completed.
- Meeting notes prepared and distributed.
- Online Feedback Forms for Segment #5 submitted.
- "To do's" from the last meeting as appropriate (if any)
- Facilitator and Recorder etc., for this meeting
- Individual Check Ins: For this Segment, the following Check In items are suggested::
- The most significant thing that has occurred for me since we last met was....
- Compared to the previous Segments of the Seminar, I found the homework for this Segment to be....
- What I've most appreciated about this Seminar Group so far is....
- Video Review: Watch the third part of Oscar Scharmer's keynote address. [The first two parts were viewed as part of the homework for Segment #3.] The clip can be watched live (on the Internet) or from a previously downloaded video file. We suggest that group members write responses to the questions Professor Scharmer puts to the viewers in the Seminar Journals. A copy of these questions can be found and printed out, if needed, by clicking on this link.
The video file can be accessed directly on the links given below, or through Otto Scharmer's website and clicking on the "TOOLS" button:
Clip #3 (dial up Internet connection):
After watching the video, the Group should decide if members want to share the responses they wrote to the Questions posed. Some people may be happy to do so, but others may be uncomfortable doing so. Let the individual preferences prevail.
- Journal Reflection: In Round Robin fashion, each person shares as s/he wishes from the Journal work since the last meeting. Suggested unfinished statements to facilitate this are given below.
- The two inspiring people I picked during the homework were..... and the reasons I find their stories so powerful is......
- During the Meeting Preparation, the issue or aspect that I decided I wanted to focus my attention on is...
- The draft mission statement that I wrote is....
- My internal dialogue as I thought about doing this told me that....
- Where I think I'm going to need most help is....
- What I'm most concerned or afraid about in all of this is.....
- Segment Development: Go around the group and have each person respond with:
“After listening to what's been said so far, I'd like us to spend a bit more time today discussing the following items......”
Choose one or more topics on which there’s some general agreement and then spend as much time discussing them as is needed. This is where the group identifies its own needs, and figures out how to address them. [We ask that Groups not skip this part of the agenda!] During the discussion(s), see that everyone has a chance to provide input and be heard. Record points to remember on the flip chart as appropriate.
- Other Business: At this point, if the group has any additional matters that it feels should to be addressed then address them now.
- Logistics and Housekeeping :
- Confirm the schedule and assignments for the next meeting: (date/time/location, and responsibilities for meeting logistics, flip chart, facilitator, etc.)
- Reminder to complete and submit the online Feedback Form for Segment #6
- Reach agreement on who will prepare and distribute the notes recorded on the flip chart - these will be useful (and may be necessary) for reference in future discussions.
- Designate one person to check in by phone with all the others a few days before the next meeting to (1) remind them of the meeting details; (2) find out how they're doing in general and with the Seminar; (3) confirm that all agreed-upon to dos have been done; and (4) make sure they've submitted the Segment #6 Feedback Form.
- What I most appreciated about this meeting was..................
- What I wish had been different about this meeting is.............
- What I'm most looking forward to for the remainder of the Seminar is...
Copyright 2006 The Trouser Rollers. All Rights Reserved.